By mid 1990, Friends of Island Academy had:
- Achieved tax-exempt status 501 (C) (3).
- Created a small bank account for “Friends.”
- Established a 1-800 hot line number.
|Austin H. MacCormick -Island Academy structure behind EMTC once served as a COs training center.|
- Had two graduate students working on Rikers Island three days a
- Established a P.O. Box for contributions and correspondence.
- Recruited volunteers for a mentoring program.
- Formed a Board of Directors, elected officers and adopted by-laws.